Sunday 22 November 2015

Life 101.......



Life is a mystery, life is a wonder, life is a journey to an unknown destination. Just like every normal journey, its either a bad experience or a good experience, any which one of them has something to teach you. You will learn the hard way or the easy way. I have learnt quite a lot and am still learning. I want to share 10 life lessons I have learnt so far...


  • Life is not fair, but its still good: Life is not fair and we all know this. I don't know why and am not in the position to ask questions. So I will just sit tight and enjoy the ride. Am reading a book by Sophia Amoruso #Girlboss, she said " I had friends who were supported by their parents and I was totally envious. It seemed unfair to me that some kids were able to do what they wanted, while I spend my afternoons at a costume shop, helping "burners" find their google and stupid hats for burning man. However forcing me to provide for myself was the best thing my parents ever did for me". Life doesn't present us all the same opportunity, but you can take advantage of the inequality and make something out of it.
  • Expect nothing from people: We often have high expectations from people, especially people you have helped in one way or the other, I mean, why not? After all they say to whom much is give, much more is expected. But trust me if your in this School of thought, you will get disappointed more often than not. People are different and you have to respect that, expect little or nothing to avoid being disappointed. If they fail you, you feel normal, if they Wow you, even better.
  • Nobody cares about what you do, more than half the time they are busy with their own life: The thought of being judged or talked about has kept a lot of people from living their life the way they want or being with who they love. The honest truth nobody really cares about what you do, they are busy with their life's. Don't get me wrong, every now and then they take a sneak peak into your life to know if the party flopped or is still going on and off they are back to their own thing. Don't let them keep you down...
  • Don't spend a lot of time on horizontal friendship: Horizontal friendship is what I call friendship for just companionship, the type that has absolutely nothing to teach and offer you, but only helps you kill boredom. Have them, but not a lot of them and don't invest time and energy into them. Focus on friendship that has something to offer (Vertical friendship). Just visualize a horizontal or vertical line in your head , that will help you understand better.
  • Strangers will build up your walls: Isaiah 60:10. I found this scripture after I learnt this lesson, then it made more sense to me. Most times the most significant help comes from the outside, from people you barely know. Familiar people are more skeptical about helping you, for reasons best known to them, half the time the reasons are selfish.
  • Somethings are more important than winning: Yes, I realized that somethings are more important than my Ego. A lot of people are shortsighted and can't see beyond their front door, all they can think about is the now and how they want to stay on top of their game at the expense of really important things or people. A good name is better than winning, making your family happy is better than winning, a good friend is better than winning. We all love to win, but know when to draw the line.
  • You are responsible for the way you feel: I used to think a good pedicure was the cure to anything, until I had one after a bad quiz. Once I was very excited about something and I picked up my phone and called my best friend to tell her about it, but once she picked up she didn't sound very friendly and at my end that messed up the whole excitement for me. I felt bad but guess what she was having a bad day, everyone does. It was my expectations that made me feel the way i felt. The way you feel is entirely up to you. When people upset you or make you sad, it make be as a result of failed expectation or what you were thinking. You are responsible for the way you feel, keep your expectation in check and your feelings by default will be in check. 
  • Follow your Head not your Heart: The heart is deceitful above all things (Jeremiah 17: 9). When you start seeing signs he may have fallen out of love with you, thats your head being rational. When you start making excuses for him, like maybe his just busy, thats definitely your heart. Everyone would say follow your heart, it knows you better than anyone else, True? But I advocate for the head because its more rational and fair in thinking. Those two voices in your head all the time is your Head and your Heart, in constant power tussle. Use your head more often. Thank me later.
  • Your thoughts create your reality: Ever heard of the law of attraction, if not you need to read about that. What you focus on becomes your reality. This lesson is more mysterious than you can imagine. I set aside a little time every day for positive thinking, just visualizing everything that can go right with my life, and thinking less of all that has gone wrong.
  • Love is not enough: So am going to end with this Love is not enough, Yes truly it not. Having butterflies is not all there is to last you in a relationship. Have you ever met someone you really cared about but can't stay happy under one roof, cant have a decent conversation without arguing. Thats incompatibility. Love is great but not without compatibility, attraction, finance etc FILL IN THE BLANK SPACES
THANKS FOR READING TILL THE END.....

1 comment: