Sunday 17 January 2016

Loving yourself is not Selfish; Its Sanity........



You have to love yourself, this is obvious right; I know, who doesn't. I don't mean love "YOU" because I know you already do. You wouldn't jump out a moving car, run a red light or knowingly eat something your allergic to because of cos you love "YOU". Loving yourself means loving every bit of yourself, like love the way you smile, the way you walk, your dress sense, your height, I mean love the way you look. Once a friend confided in me she has low self-esteem, we would take tons of pictures together and never upload one because of her insecurities and how she thinks her face looks. Me being the kind of girl who can ask a stranger for a stick of cigarette at the bus station found this very weird. But the truth is I was never that confident. I spent the whole of my teen age thinking my legs were the worst and I never wore a dress during those years. When I clocked twenty I met this guy who was the first person ever to say something nice about them, initially I thought he was just messing with me or maybe he was but at least he kept messing with me the whole time and I finally got comfortable and crawled out of my closet. Once I started being comfortable about my legs, everybody else started saying something nice about them.
Loving your physical natural attributes are things you should never compromise because If they were any different you would have been somebody else. You are beautifully and wonderfully made and nobody has the right to make you think or feel otherwise.

Loving yourself is loving who you truly are and getting interested in yourself. We all have things we love to do, things that come to us naturally. Those are the kind of things am talking about. The likes of Oprah Winfrey, Tuface Idibia are making money out of being who they truly are. You can make a living from something that comes to you naturally or maybe not. But you have to love yourself enough to explore that part of you whether it makes you a living or not. Anything that comes to you naturally is a gift from God, if you find a way of making money out of it that’s wonderful but if you don’t, enjoy the pleasure of doing something that comes to you without stress or pain and have fun while doing it.  I write because it comes naturally to me and no matter what happens am happy am creating something and of cos having fun while I do it.

Being confident in your relationship is part of loving yourself. This reduces the chances of feeling and being insecure. Insecurity is an effect of zero confidence and this causes people to love themselves less because it makes you feel not good enough. You are the best thing since sliced bread and you have to feel that way so that it makes it easy for people to love you.

Loving yourself is being around people who love you. This is not selfish trust me, its called sanity because you have to look out for yourself. You can’t go wrong with constantly being in an atmosphere of love. The good thing about being around the people who truly love you is they make you comfortable enough to break down the walls of your insecurities; they make you feel good about yourself. And if you love them back, then help them out by truly feeling good about yourself, that way they have little or no work to do.

Love yourself by accepting yourself; physical attributes, loving who you truly are by taking interest in yourself, being confident in your relationships and finally by surrounding yourself with love. I love the smell of love.......


Thank you for reading till the end.........like, share and let me know what you think..............

2 comments:

  1. Best part is! You are the best thing since sliced bread! :) couldn't have said it any better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we don't think we are, we can never feel we are good enough, no matter how much someone shows us we are.

      Delete